Translate

Search MOJO

Thursday 20 October 2011

Bursting with Berryness!


Project number 2- and we're on to storyboards. I'm feeling quite excited about this one- it seems, after looking at various examples from the industry, that this could be potentially an area I may consider venturing down in the future, so I'm eager to get going and see if it turns out to be what im expecting...

The project is split into two parts- the first of which is to pick an advert and storyboard it exactly as it appears on screen, acting as a sort of practice to get us used to the workings and structures of storyboards and how to create them effectively. the advert Ive chosen to use is the recent Ribena advert, featuring a variety of animated berry characters, all with one aim- to get to the berry laiden tractor trailor, and make it into the bottle of Ribena...


So from this, the storyboards had to represent camera movements, music and dialogue, timing  and the main action of the characters in each shot. It was daunting at first to know exactly how much detail was neccesary in each panel, and just how many panels were needed...












It feels now that I may not have needed so many panels, and that some of the actions were shown in more detail than neccesary for storyboard purposes, but with this excercise I feel I have learnt alot about the process of storyboarding and what is included in them, aswell as gathered a quick yet accurate drawing stlye that I feel kept me interested, keeping them form becoming too tedious and showing only the  main focus and details of each shot- using pen to highlight and make certian features more of a focus point than others.
I am happy with the way the storyboards turned out and am eager to begin work on the next one of the project, and add a bit of my own creativity to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment