Translate

Search MOJO

Sunday 22 January 2012

Kane: the life

The character of Kane is a super villain, but not one that is too harsh, too evil or frightening, more of a comedic character. He also doesnt have any powers, he is more a leader of the villains, so he will be more formal, living in a mansion, appearing to do nothing and enjoying his extravagant lifestyle.

He went through various stlyes and looks to get to a character that I was happy with the look of...





I do like these designs, they have a very Simpsons-esque quality that I love, and I feel suits the character, but they are very detailed and would be very difficult to animate






The designs needed to be simplified, and made with simpler shapes, so the character became more stylistic...



These designs are alot simpler and still get his evil sense across, whilst keeping the comedy essence aswell. I really like the way the second one looks and feel he could work nicely in the film.



The character in the film is an older version of himself, so I'll have to see what he looks like when aged and see if he still works.

No comments:

Post a Comment