Translate

Search MOJO

Sunday 25 March 2012

Good day Bad day: the pace is picking up... at last...

At the minute, touch wood, things seem to be going ok...

Ive been using the media lab, which I never knew exisited, but has cintiqs set up ready to go, so Ive basically set up camp there, a little home from home. This week, after spending so long on the first bedroom scene, and starting the second one, I thought Id move away from them for a bit, have a clean start on the cintiqs and start another scene. And the change in pace has surprised me. Ive nanaged not only to pretty much rough out the bathroom scene, but also the kitchen scene aswell. They still take time obviously, and still need alot of work, but using the cintiqs I have found to be alot more freeing and ive become more loose with my drawings, which is hopefully adding more life and movment and exaggeration to the piece, which is what I am going for.

Plus the pace and energy of the film means that it doesnt need as many inbetweens as first thought, as it needs to keep up the quick pace of the characters throughout.

So at the minute, Im enjoying it. Its alot more relaxing and enjoyable than working on paper, and I feel that its looking nice and coming together well. The characters and their designs are working and are easy to draw and manipulate for exaggerated poses and expressions. the only problem now is, I want a cintiq... spare £750 anyone?...

No comments:

Post a Comment