Translate

Search MOJO

Monday 22 October 2012

We're gonna need a smaller Circus...

With ideas in mind, I feel its the best idea at this stage to get some basic idea together about how the film will flow, what segments will be used and what time we have to play with. Hopefully getting some quick, initial thumbnails at this stage will help not only to get a very quick animatic together to see what we can fit into the three minutes, but will also show which characters will be used so that only those neccesary will be designed and developed...
 


The beggining section in particular- the segment passing through the village- I want to be smooth and almost one long shot, in order to keep it flowing and calm to hopefully emphasize the peaceful nature of the street, and contrast the snappy, quick firing shots of the circus's arrival...



I need to make sure that the flow of shots and connection of segments doesn't appear random- bolting from area of the street and circus to another, and that the shots flow together as the circus travels down the street- mapping their journey, and keeping the whole film tied together, letting audiences follow the madness and become part of that moment with the locals...




It became quite a task to get all the ideas to merge and flow, and to figure out where the different pieces should be placed to work best in the overall film. It all has to have a flow and a build to the end, it cant just dwindle and loose energy. These thumbnails may be too much to fit into three minutes, I wont know fully until I get a quick animatic together, and I may be going too extravagant with some of my shots, but at the minute I feeling quite daunted by the thought of so many characters to design, so much animation to do in a reasonably short space of time. I dont know now if we may be giving ourselves too much to do. But tomorrows a new day, maybe I've just exhausted myself with the thumbnailing, and need a fresh day, and even a fresh pair of eyes to look at things, guess I'll re-analyse tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment