Translate

Search MOJO

Thursday 1 March 2012

Good day Bad day: Finished Backgrounds...

This week, we had a sweatbox- showing our designs and ideas so far infront of the class. For it, I managed to get my backgrounds finsihed, which I was happy about...



I also wanted to show the characters in the environments, and see if fitted nicely into the world or not, so they were quickly Photoshopped into the backgrounds to quickly test how they looked...



Adding all of the props and detials was fun, and brought the images to life, without overcomplicating them...
...and the characters are still the main focus of the piece, fitting in yet standing out...





Also, just through a mistake of moving a colour layer too far, I really like the style of having the colour seperated from the lines and sitting slightly outside them- it looks more cut out, linking back to the style of 101 Dalmations, and adds to their quirky style and keeping them soft, simplified whilst adding movement and life...


I am so please with how these have turned out. I have toned down the colours, and kpet a limited palette, but also gave each character slightly different pallettes- blue for the good day, more of a green tone for the bad, and also a little darker in place, just to shwo a bit of a difference. I am happy that I have managed to achieve a level of detail that brings the scenes to life, without overcomplicating them, and the characters also seem to fit well with them, which I am happy with.

No comments:

Post a Comment