Translate

Search MOJO

Monday 29 October 2012

The style of the Circus goes digital...

 
Seeing as I want to create more of a Flashy style for the Circus characters, I thought I'd try and create some designs using Illustrator and Photoshop.
I really like the air brush effect used here, its soft yet highlights the areas needed. It also maintains quite an old fashioned look which the film needs, whilst mainating a bold and lively style...
 

This more cutout effect using illustrator and drawing over in photoshop is something I'm really proud of- it's bold, clear, and still keeps that edge of an old fashioned style. Yet its swirls and detials add a quirky edge that fits the circus theme and makes it stand out further...


I quite like the blocky nature of these designs- their simple and bold, yet I dont want to make them too childish in the final film...


 
Further textures could be added to give a grainy look to the film, again adding to the old fashioned style...
 


 
This design is soft and quirky, but may be too sketchy. It works,  but may seem too compex confusing when mixed with the rest of the film and characters...


Im really happy with the designs so far, and feel that one of these styles could easilly be used for the film, so when I do a few more, hopefully I'll get a style sorted and I can move on ot designing and developing the actual final look of the characters...

No comments:

Post a Comment