Translate

Search MOJO

Monday 29 October 2012

The style of the Circus goes digital... again...

 
I really liked the Bear design, its style seems to fit the circus themea dn is bold and quirky enough to stand out. So I tired the style again, creating the basic shapes in illustrator and drawing over it in photoshop...


But then I took it one stage further by mixing that style with the airbrush technique...

 
After adding the airbrush details, I liked the style even more, it seems to bring more depth to the characters, and even more of the old fashioned sense, so I tired it out on the bear design from earlier...
 
 
I'm so happy with the look, and hope I will be able to use it for the final characters.
I wanted to try a more basic style aswell, with aquick quirky background design, and simple line drawing characters on top. The style is nice and works...


Maybe not with the colour...

 
But I feel that this style wont give enough contrast between the circus and local characters, plus will take away the watercolour wash style and the old fashioned look that that will create...

No comments:

Post a Comment